Thursday 6 December 2012

Without Child (and yet with child)

After a sickly and tiring November, I am still snotty but starting to feel Christmassy.  Cards are made, plans are in place, decorations are up, and all is well as long as I have a clean tissue nearby.

In the meantime, Charlie and Penny have gone to Greece for 5 days with Erika and Theresa to see Super-Papou, and it sounds like they are having a wonderful time.

Which leaves me home alone, though with a baby in my tummy, which kind of precludes me from going for crazy drunken nights out till 5am.

But in the meantime, some small observations:
  • It still only takes me 15 mins from being in bed to being showered, dressed and off to work.
  • It is refreshing not to feel a constant sense of urgency, which I think comes from wanting to be with Penny whenever I am not at work.  A symptom of working full time, but soon to be fixed via mat leave and considering a part time future.
  • I don't trust myself to remember my keys, especially with my current 'baby brain' memory ... so I check at least twice whenever I leave the house.
Looking forward to cuddling my little pudding-pie (and my big pudding-pie) very soon, but in the meantime I will be relaaaaaaxing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment