Sunday 12 June 2011

Grumpy Grumps ... but Me or Penny?

Exhausted on waking, for reasons I couldn't quite fathom.

Charlie whisked Penny off to his writing meeting to let me go swimming, and it was refreshing not to have to think about her or anything really for a few minutes, before getting my swimming togs together.

Was a bit later than intended in going to the pool as I asked Co-op to cancel my card as thee was an unrecognised transaction. Fortunately it was only for a small amount, but best to get it cancelled just in case.

Then tried to sort the house out for guests in plenty of time for the evening, bit didn't get much done before Charlie brought his writing compadre Joachim round for a cup of tea.

Then we dashed off to see our old NCT teacher to recount our respective birth stories, which brought it all back. Then scurried back to Brixton to cook and prepare everything for an evening with my Dad, Alex, Andrew, Noz and Liam.

Despite constant interruptions from a grizzly Penny, it was very nice to see everybody, to chat and to hang out. And after a week of Penny grumpiness, I keep asking myself whether it is her, or me?!

Even at bedtime tonight she wouldn't go down, even after a week of success in this new venture. Maybe she senses my frustration when she grizzles, and then that just makes her grizzle more.

Ho hum ... tomorrow is a new week! And at 10 weeks old, the only constant is change, so we shall see how she changes next.


No comments:

Post a Comment