Monday 28 December 2009

Early New Year's Deliberations

So, yet again, my new year's resolutions need to include learning the ability to stop guzzling wine like it is orange squash. Had a very fun evening at Andrew's last night, as he and Erika cooked for me, Charlie, Laura, Alex, Mum and Dad. The yummy fajitas were followed by a particularly amusing (aren't they always?) game of the hat game. My abilities were somewhat impeded by my intoxication.

So, after a fitfull night's sleep as my liver attempted to remove the poison from my bloodstream, Alex popped round for a run at 11 which literally jogged me into recovery. We kept it short, after all it has been a few months since I last ran. And the Wii Fit's verdict was not too bad after a few months of busyness, eating and not excercising - 10st 7lb.

So, it has been a lazy day, having a bath and watching films. Laura has gone out to surround herself with London's inimitable wonders. Charlie is doing his essay. I believe Mum and Dad are out again attacking the shops, and expect Andrew and Erika will be having a relaxing day together.

Tomorrow is Claridges and Karaoke. A good opportunity for me to practise my '2 glasses is plenty' technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment