Monday 30 January 2012

Thrift Store Paradise

After a day of admin yesterday, and looking after Penny was Charlie went to play board games with the locals, I felt I deserved some fun today.  So after a leisurely morning (given P kept us both up in the night), I jumped on the L train to 'Church', and visited some of the vintage, thrift and general tchotchke shops on and around Valencia Street.

Oh my word ... was a plethora of wonder was there!  Given that we are a good way around the world, it truly is the case that one man's trash is another man's treasure.  I got a few great bits and pieces for me, including some new work trousers, and also a pile of lovely stuff for Penny, who will need 12-18 month sizes when we get back.  And all cheap as chips!  Blissful ... and I even spotted another massive thrift store on the bus ride home.  That will be the next excursion then, and I will definitely take Charlie next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment