Thursday 15 October 2009

Skin and Hair and Cheese

Ok, so what is skin made of?? During a momentary lapse of concentration today at work, I realised I didn't know. And hair ... like hair is made of keratin (I think) ... but where does that feature on the Periodic Table? Below Helium but to the left of Xenon and Neon (the coolest elements, except Kryptonite)?

Ok, so isn't hair (and skin?) made of protein. But what is that? Amino acids (GCSE Chemistry does stay with you somewhat)? Chains of ... well ... something. Is it Carbon?

Or maybe cheese ... I do eat a lot of cheese. Answers on a postcard please.

Poppy is destroying the beanbag, for no particular reason. I am frankly envious of her bursts of energy. Bound and bound and bound ... stop ... look round excitedly ... chase tail. What a life!

Another evening of Marketing, stakeholders (like Buffy the Vampire Slayer), legal contracts and Innocent Smoothies this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment