Saturday 11 February 2012

Crabby New Year!

C was underslept and I was grumpy this morning, but after declaring a truce we went on to have a wonderful day in San Francisco.

We headed for Ghirardelli Square, home of the famed chocolatier, and managed to find a splendid fish restaurant overlooking the bay, with a table right by the window.



Container ships both full and empty travelled through the water in the growing sunshine, as we sat warm and happy inside.  We decided that we were splashing out on a treat, so I ordered the crab.  And what a crab!


Being a crab virgin, I was not sure what to expect, but it was amazing.  Seriously, one of the best meals of my life!  The meat was succulent and prawny, and the citrussy broth underneath was a flavour explosion.


We finished off our meal with thick shakes from the chocolate shop.  Delicious, but sickly after a while.  So, now it is 10pm, we are still not hungry.  I think after all the junk food it is now time to start running again and go on a detox ...


Made our way along the bay, then on a crowded trolley to downtown for the Chinese New Year parade.  Decided not to wrestle with the 100,000 people there, so took some pictures of bands, flags and dragons from a safe distance, before sneaking through to Market Street to catch the L train home before everyone else had the same idea.


A busker in the trolley queue had mentioned that Whitney Houston had died, and sadly he was right.  So we have spent the evening revisiting some of her best songs ... 'How will I know', 'I wanna dance with somebody', 'I have nothing', and my favourite below:



No comments:

Post a Comment